Friday, March 20, 2020

Take the taxi with the children

Have you ever tried to take a taxi with babies or children? A few days ago I had the need to take the taxi with Carlotta and I was surprised by the insecurity with which the children circulate. For me, it is unthinkable to load the girl in the car without a special seat. So, before leaving, I called the taxi company in Milan to find out if it was possible to book a taxi with a seat. The call center replied that there are no taxis with seats and that I could hold the girl in my arms (which is very dangerous )!

I also checked on the State Police website where - in fact - it is highlighted that the use of child seats is not mandatory for the transport of children by taxi: "in the case of cars used for the public transport service (for example on a taxi or rental with driver) children under 1.50 meters in height can only move on the rear seat, not held by special restraint systems, and always accompanied by a passenger of at least 16 years of age ". I understand that a taxi driver cannot always carry seats of various sizes, but I believe that at least a certain amount of child-friendly taxis can be provided, exactly as there are taxis payable by credit card. minicab near me

The only solution: bring your seat. I did it, arousing great surprise and hilarity from the taxi driver who said to me "I have never seen any parent bring their seat". Luckily I brought it: the taxi driver drove like a madman, cheerfully phoning a friend with his cell phone in his hand. A nightmare!

Are there taxis with seats in our cities? How do you do it?

And the criticality of the theft will be managed electronically by the car owner: it is imagined that by pressing a button the car can be disabled.

No comments:

Post a Comment